Note – It’s better to keep the organization name on job board as confidential but I can share it with applicants.
About the job
Confidential organization is seeking an Associate Scientist to join the Functional Genomics team as part of the their Global Stem Cell ,a robotic system that automates both iPSC derivation, gene editing, and downstream differentiations.
The Associate Scientist will report to a Senior Staff Scientist, Team Lead of the Functional Genomics Team, and provide hands-on support for the optimization and execution of genome modification and differentiation workflows by using a suite of automated robotics customized for stem cell culture. This position will also work closely with members of the Global Stem Cell team: stem cell biologists, automation engineers, software developers, project management, and operations.
This is a full-time position based on a 35-hour workweek, however, some weekend work may be required.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the automation of genome engineering and differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells in a customized cellular robotics facility.
- Design, execute and generate genome edited hiPSCs, focusing on SNV edits but also contributing to the generation of functional knock-outs and knock-in of fluorescent reporter constructs.
- Work collaboratively with our biologists, automation engineers and project management.
- Execute, troubleshoot and communicate tasks independently and effectively.
- Maintain extremely organized and accurate records using an ELN/LIMS.
- Provide regular feedback at inter-team meetings.
- Prepare data and slides and contribute to meetings with external partners.
What we’re looking for:
- BSc or MSc in Biology or relevant scientific discipline
- Experience with iPS cell culture is desired, mammalian cell culture experience is required
- Experience in molecular techniques such as PCR, cloning, gel electrophoresis, Sanger sequencing submission and interpretation is highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- A high proficiency in both Mac and PC computer environments
- Adaptability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Organized and able to prioritize and execute tasks Able to analyze and interpret data and communicate
We offer all full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package that goes into effect on the first of the month following your start date.
To apply for this job send me your CV –
Mention “Associate Scientist, Functional Genomics” in your subject line.