- Dayton, Ohio
- This position has been filled
Auto Valve, Inc
CNC Programmer, Auto Valve, Inc | Dayton, Ohio
Relocation:No Relocation – Local Candidates Only
Company Will Sponsor (H1b Visa Candidate, etc): Will Not Sponsor
Message From Job Owner:
Esprit software experience helpful.
No Job Hoppers.
Quarterly Bonus Available.
Must be US citizen.
Knowledgeable in Swiss Machining helpful.
Directly responsible for processing work as profitably as possible, inside or outside the confines of the company, whereby the end result is a quality product delivered to the customer’s satisfaction. Responsible for estimating internal standards that can be achieved and providing processes and tools to meet that standard; consistently incorporates Value Engineering methodology.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Estimates and plans all phases of any complex project with minimal supervision, including Engineering, Design, Quality Time, Manufacturing Process plans, Programming, Tooling Design related to CNC Machinery, and Final Assembly;
- Ability to program both manually and through the aid of CAM systems to generate code for both lathe and mill computer aided equipment. (2 thru 5 axis work)
- Communicates with all departments to assure the most economical manufacturing process per the Company’s current capabilities and procedures;
- Investigates inappropriate time standards that may need adjustment for accuracy with minimal supervision;
- Coordinates with Toolmaker and OSS Tooling Vendors the tooling design to produce tooling as effectively and efficiently as possible;
- Produces in-process drawings and tool designs, using Solidworks software;
- Effectively communicates with other internal departments, vendors and customers to problem solve. Includes producing and submitting Value Engineering ideas to Engineers for internal and customer review;
- Communicates with production personnel regarding time standards and timely response to suggestions for process improvement;
- Creates detailed process plans and work instructions for the manufacturing floor to follow by.
- Coordinates with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Production Planning, Sales, Quality and Engineers to expedite deliverable products within estimated time and costs;
- Coordinate jobs with Purchasing for all outside suppliers to obtain quotes and have related services performed including materials purchased;
- Provides time studies, router review, suggestion follow-up, manufacturing support, and job cost review when needed. Includes compliance router clean-up;
- Determines gage, gauging, and inspection requirements, along with the method of inspection and frequency;
- Monitors and reports changing developments in all manufacturing departments to the Supervisor and fellow Engineers enabling this information to be utilized and adopted for future estimates and processes;
- Demonstrates knowledge of and maintains compliance with customer specifications as well as internal policies and procedures;
- Demonstrates effective process control knowledge in SPC charting, identification of KCC (Key Control Characteristics), as well as determining effective corrective action;
- Pursues further education in the latest manufacturing techniques, processes and equipment;
- Reviews and determines disposition of rejected parts and discrepancy notices when called upon. Depending on disposition, may issue rework or replacement routings to floor, submit repair procedures, waivers to Quality Assurance to forward to customer for review;
- Responsible for all NPD (New Product Development) work up though the first 3 lots produced on the manufacturing floor after the hand-off has been done;
- Responsible for Quality, Delivery and Cost (in that order) for all NPD work;
- Assists other Manufacturing Engineers as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
High School diploma or GED with related technical courses. Minimum of seven (7) years experience in manufacturing or complex aerospace processing. An Associate’s Degree in Engineering in one of the following fields: Mechanical, Tool and Die Design, Process, Industrial, or an equivalent Engineering is preferred. Incumbent needs to possess a degree of knowledge, or combination of, the following: tool design, efficient process design, complex lathe turning 5 axis machining and swiss turning of components and assemblies. Complex Geometry, CAD parametric and solid modeling, high speed machining, extensive programming 5 axis mills and CNC Lathes. Individual must possess exceptional math and trigonometry skills as well as sound drafting and Solidworks Skills. Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes and of secondary outside services required. Good communication and organizational skills are necessary and incumbent must be a team player with a willingness to share knowledge. SURFcam, MazaCam and Part Maker software knowledge a definite plus.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
SPC Experience, Lean Training, Six Sigma Training, 5S Training, Strong in data collection and spreadsheets,use of a variety of measuring equipment, digital recording devices, familiar in working within a network environment, experience in working in in an ERP system.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. Job responsibilities demand exposure to the production floor. Company lifting limitations will be enforced. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Hours: 10 hours per 5 days a week, plus additional overtime as required.