(Confidential) is a leading North American distributor of process materials, production supplies, specialty wire and cable and value-added fabricated parts for the electrical OEM, motor repair and assembly markets.
Our culture is highly innovative, collaborative and focused on building and maintaining relationships that allow us to surpass our customers’ expectations. We embrace the qualities that make each of our team members unique and develop each other’s skillsets so that together we can be stronger than the sum of our parts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge and understanding of AquaFlex ELS 6 Color Press, or similar cylinder press process.
- Compliance with all workplace and product safety standards required.
- Compliance with customer and internal manufacturing specifications/requirements.
- Compliance with all data integrity, product safety, and GMP standards is required.
- Review production orders for required processes and customer expectations.
- Execution of accurate and efficient set-ups on the press, employing proper setup techniques.
- Adherence to the production schedule, reporting issues to lead/supervisor for further direction.
- Properly operate press to run efficiently and maximize machine utilization.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
- Perform and support preventative press maintenance.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of machinery, workspace organization, light equipment maintenance, and troubleshooting as applicable.
- Responsible for clean-up activities following changeover; clean ink pans and ancillary equipment, strip plates from cylinders, conduct wash-up, etc.
- Cross-train available press assistant to run press through breaks/lunches as time allows. Mentor/Train employees to support growth within work center.
- Participation in department meetings, training, Continuous Improvement, Lean initiatives, and the safety program as scheduled.
- Responsible for working required overtime when needed.
- Performs other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned.
- This job description does not represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of printing processes and previous experience as a Flexographic Press Operator.
- Ability to run press independently and perform press set-up and clean-up activities.
- Ability to safely move up to 50 lbs., 20+ feet in distance on a regular basis.
- Ability to work with water-based ink, UV ink, solvents, and various print-shop chemicals.
- Ability to operate in a safe manner during roll lifts and interaction with press equipment.
- Proven commitment to the business (solid attendance and performance record).
- Strong attention to detail, assertive and solution focused.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with others (verbally and written form), a team player.
- Ability to read and understand a job ticket in English
- Ability to read a ruler/caliper and understand measurements.
Send resumes to